At JJ Solutions, we work with a huge range of varied businesses across the Surrey area. While developing their new website, we come up with an SEO strategy that includes a custom set of actions and tactics to improve search engine visibility.
One of our standard recommendations is that every business has its own blog, but not everyone appreciates just how important a blog can be. In this article, we’ll run through some of the key benefits.
The Importance of Content
Believe it or not, a blog need not be a diary of your business’ daily activities. Blogs can take a journal format, but in business, we don’t normally recommend posting candid updates about your company. Posting informative, original content is a far better tactic.
Most leading businesses now post this type of content because it achieves a number of things:
- It gives you something to send out via social media, thus helping you to build a brand audience.
- Content builds authority: people will see the expert advice on your blog and realise that you’re the best person for the job.
- Search engines love content, and Google really needs to see frequent blog updates before it’ll start to push your site up the search results.
- Content makes your websites appear to be fresh and interesting. Visitors can check to see when the most recent article was added if they want to be sure your organisation is thriving.
- Blog articles help to reinforce the same keywords that we work on as part of your SEO campaign.
What to Blog About
Once you’ve decided to go ahead with your blog, JJ Solutions can team you up with a professional copywriter that understands your niche. All you have to do is formulate a few article ideas to kick off the project.
Coming up with blog ideas isn’t always easy, but we can help. Our current clients find that there are a few winning formulas:
- Expert tips and tricks: insider information that people will really value.
- Articles about handpicked products and services that you offer.
- Case studies that focus on past projects.
- Articles inspired by frequently asked questions.
- List posts (‘10 Things We Love About…’).
Don’t let topics be an obstacle to getting the blog off the ground. Our team is experienced in coming up with ideas for blogs, so we’ll help you with some suggestions of our own.
Setting Up Your Blog
Need more information on SEO and blogging? Just give us a call and we’ll talk through your options. If you decide your business needs a blog, we’ll be ready to make it happen.